Guest Blogger: Julie Shelton

Happy Tuesday everyone! Today Julie Shelton will be giving a personal interview and look at her book Loving Sarah. It is a M/F/M menage with BDSM elements. A very enticing read indeed!
~
Interview with Julie Shelton

Q. Tell us a little bit about yourself
I’m recently retired after a 25-year career as a professional storyteller and puppeteer.  I just moved for the seventeenth time in my life.  I spent four months touring Europe on a shoestring budget—forty years ago!  Amazingly, the girlfriend who went with me is still friends with me!  Kidstuff, a monthly language-arts resource newsletter for early childhood educators that I founded, won the 1982 EDPRESS Award, given by the Educational Press Association of America.  I love violets, ballet, England, gorgeous scenery, reading, and writing.  I am the author of Loving Sarah, my first published novel.

Q.  Tell us a little bit about Loving Sarah.
Loving Sarah, an M/f/M Menage, BDSM Collection, with a Heat Rating of Sextreme, was published by Siren-Bookstrand on November 28, 2012.
COVER BLURB
Eight years ago Jesse Colter fled his small town, leaving behind eighteen-year-old Sarah Marshall, broken-hearted and devastated.  Now a retired Navy SEAL, he’s back and he wants only one thing—Sarah Marshall—preferably bound, naked, and on her knees before him.
She has never forgotten Jesse.  He’s been the object of all her sexual fantasies since she was fifteen, as well as the star of nightly dreams that have become increasingly erotic over the years.  So when he suddenly reappears in her life, she is torn.  Can she trust him not to hurt her, or will he once again break her heart?  Warily, she agrees to let him introduce her to his world—the world of bondage, Domination, and erotic slavery.  When he also introduces her to his best friend, Adam Sinclair, Sarah faces a daunting future of sexual submission to two powerful alpha males.
But Sarah faces an even bigger challenge.  Someone is stalking her.  Is it the old enemy who’s just been released from prison?  Or is it someone else from her past who is determined to destroy any chance she has at happiness?  Can Adam’s and Jesse’s love protect her?  Or will her world explode in a cataclysm of betrayal and violence that will destroy them all?

Q:  Sounds delicious.  What are you working on at the moment?
The sequel to Loving Sarah, titled Owning Sarah.  It completes the story of Sarah, Jesse and Adam and includes all the goodies found in the first book, plus a collaring ceremony, some M/M action, a devastating car crash, a visit to a sex club,  a raid on an armed skinhead encampment, and a wedding, not necessarily in that order.  I’m hoping to complete it in the next three weeks.

Q.  Why did you decide to write romance novels?
Because that’s what I’ve been reading all my adult life, ever since I discovered Mary Stewart and Phyllis Whitney many, many, many years ago.  I’ve also been writing romance novels all my adult life, just never sending them out to any publishers.  Until Loving Sarah.  BDSM, which I incorporated into Loving Sarah, is a fairly recent discovery on my part and I’m so intrigued by it, I plan to incorporate it in all my current and future projects.

Q.  What influenced you to send your novel off to a publisher?  And why Siren-Bookstrand?
I felt that Loving Sarah was a really well-written book, with enormously appealing characters, an exciting plot and a once-in-a-lifetime romance that was at once sweet and scorching hot.  I felt it compared favorably with books written by my favorite best-selling authors and that it had the potential of providing pleasure and entertainment to a lot of people.  Plus, lol, I figured it would be a good way to earn a little pocket change.  (Obviously, I did not check this assumption with any currently-published romance authors).
 Siren was the first publisher I submitted it to, mainly because they publish many of my favorite authors.  Around three weeks after I sent it off, they emailed me and asked me to make a few minor changes (mainly, upping the heroine’s age at the time of an attempted rape, from seventeen to eighteen).  I figured this was a pretty good sign, thinking if they weren’t interested in it at all, they wouldn’t have bothered to ask for the changes.  They offered to publish it less than two weeks after I submitted the revised manuscript.

Q:  Could you tell us a couple of favorite authors who inspired you to write?
Round up the usual suspects—Lora Leigh, Maya Banks, Cherise Sinclair, Sophie Oak, Lisa Marie Rice, Lauren Dane, Joey W. Hill, Leah Brooke, Eden Bradley, Kristen Ashley, the list goes on and on.  My earliest influences, years and years ago, back in the dark ages, were Mary Stewart’s romantic suspense novels and Phyllis Whitney’s gothic novels.

Q. What were some early influences on your writing?
Nancy Drew and Mad magazine.

Q. Where do your ideas come from?
 Everything I’ve ever seen, read, heard or done.  I wrote an entire Medieval Historical romance just from seeing a blue gown worn by a minor female character in the movie Becket.  The entire novel just sprang into my mind fully-blown.  I could hardly write it down fast enough.  I wrote it on 3 x 5 index cards, one sentence at a time, so I could switch the order of sentences or entire scenes more easily.  I still have it, as a matter of fact.  It’s in two shoeboxes on top of my bookcase.

Q.  Do you feel humor is important in romantic fiction?
 I feel that humor is important in everything!  I can’t imagine how dreary life would be without it.

Q.  Do you listen to music while you’re writing?
Sometimes.  Although, when I put music on, I usually put it on to listen to it, so I find it distracting to have it on when I write because I find myself tapping my feet, bopping in my chair, or singing or humming along with it.  See?  Distracting.  That being said, I happen to be listening to music right now as I write this—the soundtrack from the movie Rudy.

Q.  What is your favorite kind of music?
Classical.  Followed by movie soundtracks, Folk music of the 60’s, and light rock—especially the 80’s rock ballads.  I also love Christmas music, but only (Spoiler Alert!) at Christmas.

Q.  Are sex scenes easy or difficult to write?
Easy, in that I know where all the parts go.  Difficult in finding exciting and interesting new ways to describe how the parts get there and what happens as a result.  Otherwise it’s a medical treatise.  After all, there are only a finite number of words in the English language suitable for describing an orgasm.  And they’ve all been used ad nauseum.

Q. Name three things that inspire you?
Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 in C Minor, the Smoky mountains, England’s Royal Ballet’s version of Romeo and Juliet, starring Wayne Eagling and Alessandra Ferri, with choreography by Sir Kenneth MacMillan, and medieval illuminated manuscripts.  Okay, that’s four things.  So sue me.

Q.  What was your favorite part about becoming a published author?
Getting the email from Siren telling me they wanted to publish my book.  (I framed it)  Seeing my cover for the first time.  (It’s immortalized on a T-shirt).  Reading all the glowing 4, 4.5, and 5-star reviews it has already received and continues to receive.  Seeing it on Amazon, my favorite website of all time.  Getting my first royalty check (small, very small).

Q.  How about your least favorite part?
Having to promote, publicize and, basically, pimp my book.  If I don’t do it, it doesn’t get done.  For someone like me, who is totally non-computer savvy, this has been an unendingly frustrating nightmare.  Hopefully, by the time Owning Sarah is published, I will be more of an expert at it.  (But I’m not holding my breath.)

Q.  What’s your favorite part of Loving Sarah?
The soul-deep emotional bond these three people share.  And the smoldering hot sex.  Oh, and the part between page 1 and page 291.  And did I mention the sex?

Q.  What did you think when you first saw your cover?
Honestly?  Since my heroes are both 6’3 and Sarah is only 5’3, my first thought was, “The guys are too short.”  But the more I looked at those three gorgeous people, the more I realized that the photographer had made the heroine stand on a box (lol).  Now I absolutely love it.

Q.  Have your ever experienced writer’s block?  If so, how do you work through it?
I go back and rewrite/edit the last scene I wrote, or I go through my notes, looking for scenes, dialogue, or fragments of ideas that might inspire me.  Or I read.  I try to avoid writer’s block altogether by stopping at a point where I know what’s coming next and can pick right up on it the next session.

Q.  What are the elements of a great romance for you?
Great characters, a sweet, tender love story, conflict, heartache, and, since I write erotic romances, lots and lots of hot, steamy sex.

Q.  Where do we find out more about you and your books?


Q.:  Dogs or cats?
Cats
Q.  Chocolate or Vanilla?
Pistachio
Q.  Coke or Pepsi?
Coke.  Definitely Coke.
Q.  Coffee or tea?
Coke.  Definitely Coke.
Q. Leather or Lace?
Lace.  And Velvet.  And silk.  Oh, and satin.  Yeah, satin…with lace.
Q. Now or Later?
Hoping for Now, I’ll probably get Later.
Q. Sparkles or Bursting into flames?
Without a doubt, Bursting.
Q.  Guilty Pleasure?
Coke.  Definitely Coke.  When the Coca Cola company made their epically boneheaded decision to go with Coke II, I thought my life was over.

Q.  Where can we purchase Loving Sarah?


by: Julie Shelton


Eight years ago Jesse Colter fled his small town, leaving behind eighteen-year-old Sarah Marshall, broken-hearted and devastated.  Now a retired Navy SEAL, he’s back and he wants only one thing—Sarah Marshall—preferably bound, naked, and on her knees before him.

She has never forgotten Jesse.  He’s been the object of all her sexual fantasies since she was fifteen, as well as the star of nightly dreams that have become increasingly erotic over the years.  So when he suddenly reappears in her life, she is torn.  Can she trust him not to hurt her, or will he once again break her heart?  Warily, she agrees to let him introduce her to his world—the world of bondage, Domination, and erotic slavery.  When he also introduces her to his best friend, Adam Sinclair, Sarah faces a daunting future of sexual submission to two powerful alpha males.

But Sarah faces an even bigger challenge.  Someone is stalking her.  Is it the old enemy who’s just been released from prison?  Or is it someone else from her past who is determined to destroy any chance she has at happiness?  Can Adam’s and Jesse’s love protect her?  Or will her world explode in a cataclysm of betrayal and violence that will destroy them all?

Adult Excerpt

Adam manipulated her slick, swollen pussy lips, sliding them back and forth until one of the frozen grapes popped from its dewy prison.  It sat, glistening lewdly, nestled between her sopping wet lips like some obscene sex organ.  “Do not come,” he instructed quietly, working his tongue beneath the grape and sliding it all the way up her slit.  He flicked it rapidly across her frazzled clit before pulling the small fruit into his mouth and chewing noisily.
She was gasping like a beached fish, desperately trying to hold off her climax.
“Do not come,” he repeated, squeezing another grape free and looking at it for a long moment before taking it into his mouth.  “God, you taste delicious,” he murmured, sliding his tongue back and forth along the length of her slit, just barely touching that nerve-ridden nubbin of flesh that was the center of both her pleasure and her torment.  “Like sunshine and sweet, sweet cream.”
She lay there, shuddering and twitching as he tunneled his tongue into the depths of her
cunt, releasing two more grapes and sending her body spiraling up, up, up toward the orgasm that hovered so tantalizingly out of reach.  The orgasm she so desperately craved, yet knew she must not have.  The one she fought with every trembling muscle in her body.
Adam straightened, watching her entire body shudder helplessly as the orgasm retreated.  He reveled in the power her submission gave him.  Power to control, to direct, to manipulate.  Power to render her helpless against her body’s own dark needs even as he drove her to the ultimate in sexual pleasure.  “You do not have permission to come,” he reminded her as, one by one, he pulled more round red globes into his mouth.  He released her pussy lips and stood up to allow Jesse to take his place.
A sob heaved from her lungs as she frantically fought her body’s brutal need to climax.
Jesse spread her labia apart with his thumbs, revealing her entire slit from her clenching ass hole at the bottom to the portal of her vagina and her clit at the very top.  Her flesh was pink and swollen and dripping with the cream of her arousal.  By now the remaining grapes were held firmly in place within her vaginal walls.  Jesse rubbed his nose along her cleft, lapping his tongue at her dripping entrance, making her shudder and squirm.  Placing his palm over her mound, he pressed down.  “Push,” he said and a grape popped out onto his tongue.
He bit into the crisp flesh and was rewarded with a burst of tart sweetness that blended with Sarah’s own unique flavor, making it the most delicious treat he’d ever eaten.  He ate all the remaining grapes, taking his time to dig each one out, finger-fucking her, building her arousal to a fever pitch.  By the time he finished the last one, she was moaning and writhing and burning with the need to come.

PROFESSIONAL REVIEWS FOR LOVING SARAH

                5 Angels from Fallen Angel Reviews.  “I’d be interested in reading the next offering Julie Shelton has in store for us salivating readers.”
                4.5 Blue Ribbons from Romance Junkies.  “Ms. Shelton did an excellent job in developing the characters.”
“The book is filled with gut-wrenching moments that pull at your heart.”
                4.5 Rating from Risque Reviews.  “Compelling and gripping novel.”  “Sex scenes were so sultry, it felt as if the pages actually started to steam.”  “Can’t wait to read more from this author.”  Winner Top Pick Award.

READER REVIEWS FOR LOVING SARAH

                5 Stars.  “50 Shades of Grey was good…well, it ain’t got nothing on Loving Sarah.”   Jaime
                5 Stars.  “Read this book.”  Mendi
                5 Stars.  “Loved this story.”  Marcella
                5 Stars.  “Intense but wonderful read.”  Daphnie
                5 Stars.  “Awesome book.”  L. Manci
                5 Stars.  “Can’t wait for the sequel.”  JoJo
                5 Stars.  “A really well-written book.”  Angie
                5 Stars.  “Fabulous story—a really outstanding book!”  dasm
                5 Stars.  “Great new author!!!” Augustine
                5 Stars.  “Julie Shelton does not disappoint.”  BookJunkie
                5 Stars.  “I love this storyline and these amazing characters.”




No comments:

Post a Comment