Guest Blogger: Kalista Kyle




ADULT EXCERPT
“Promise?” Joshua turned in his arms so they were face to face.  His deep blue eyes swam with unshed tears.  “I can’t get him out of my head. I keep seeing him over and over again.” He wrapped his arms as tight as he could around Caleb’s neck.

Caleb didn’t mind. His mate could hold him all night long if it gave him comfort. Caleb moved to brush his lips over Joshua’s forehead in comfort, but apparently, his mate had other ideas.

At the last moment, Josh tilted his head up so that Caleb ended up kissing his lips instead of his brow. It started as a small, innocent kiss, but before long, it turned into something far more heated. Caleb tried to hold back, but Joshua was stubborn and determined.

“Want a good memory to erase the bad,” he muttered, diving in for another kiss.

“Let me give you a memory, one I think you might be more ready for,” Caleb suggested with a smirk.

Josh wasn’t ready for all of the things Caleb wanted to do to him, but he could offer his mate a little peace. He could give Josh a beautiful memory to replace the nastiness of Reed, one that would give them both pleasure.

Caleb and Joshua moved so that Joshua was under him. Seeing his mate under him, open and waiting, made Caleb feel both protective and humbled at the same time.

He eased off his mate’s clothes, eager to get to all that soft skin, to feel it beneath his hands. Thankfully, Joshua seemed to be on the same page, because he batted Caleb’s hands away and managed to get out of his clothes in record time. Caleb just smiled, pleased and amused by his mate’s impatience for more.

Easing into another kiss Caleb let his hands roam down his mate’s nude body. Then, he followed the trail they blazed with his mouth, moaning at the way Joshua tasted like spicy honey. He wanted more, a whole lot more. 

He could feel all of his mate’s muscles beneath his smooth, warm skin, and he traced each one with his tongue until Joshua writhed and moan beneath him. He loved making his mate dance with need.

He wanted to show Joshua that this was about more than sex. This was about trust. His mate could trust him to stop when he said stop, and to know when to go further, to push just a little.  More than anything, he wanted to earn that trust.

Mapping out every muscle, every crevice on Joshua’s lithe body, Caleb purposely ignored the one place that was steel-hard for his touch. 

“Please.” Joshua moaned, arching up against him.

The way his frame quivered said he was close, perched on the edge and waiting to tumble over. Lifting his head, he stared into Joshua’s eyes. The pure blue darkened with passion and lust, but his gaze focused on Caleb and Caleb alone. 

“I want to be yours, Caleb, always yours.” Joshua moaned and spread his legs to allow Caleb better access. 

“I want you to be mine, too, but we do this my way for now.” Caleb never broke eye contact as he lowered his head, slowly engulfing Joshua’s full length to the root.

Babbling incoherently, Joshua relaxed into the mattress and closed his eyes. Popping off his mate’s cock, Caleb tapped him on the hip to get his attention. “Don’t shut your eyes. Stay focused on me.”

Josh shivered at the command and bobbed his head. Satisfied that his little man understood him, Caleb returned to his task, wrapping his lips around his lover’s throbbing cock. 

He ran his tongue around the head in small circles and then kissed down the length to lick and suck at Josh’s tight sac. He sucked one ball into his mouth and rolled it around on his tongue, grinning smugly when Joshua’s loud groan echoed around the room.

The poor guy appeared to be struggling to keep his eyes open, and his breathing came in short, erratic pants. Each sinful sound only encouraged Caleb and made him wonder how many new noises he could pull from Joshua before they were done.

Licking back up to the head, he teased the weeping slit with the tip of this tongue before taking the entire length into his mouth again. Hollowing his cheeks, Caleb maintained eye contact as he sucked hard, loving the half-strangled groan that erupted from his lover’s swollen lips.


~
BEHIND THE SCENES
Ø Thinking back on your first book, is there anything you would have done differently?
This is my first release in over a year. So it is like my first release ever. I grow each time.  I have learned so much about editing, and the importance of a great editor and beta who is honest with me.  I have also learned a lot about pushing myself even when I feel uncomfortable.

Ø Has your perspective on the writing process changed since you became published?
No, I really knew it was work before and I have done a lot of things inside the industry so I had a pretty good understanding of what pool I was jumping into.

Ø Do you work best on a deadline, or do you need freedom from time constraints?
Deadline. Charts, and lists.  I have to stay on task. If I didn’t have those I would be all over the place.

Ø Is there a word or phrase you catch yourself overusing?
Was, that, and you can ask my editor she would tell you I am banned from the word was.

Ø How do you know you’ve written a good book?
I think any book is good if you love it when you are done.  No one else will love a book you do not love yourself.

Ø How do you keep your characters and stories organized?
Charts, lists, and notes.  Lots of each.

Ø Are you a Swooper (write first, edit later,) a Basher (edit each sentence as you go,) or both?
Swooper. Stories flow for me like movies in my head. I write then worry about edits later.

Ø What is the one thing you must have to be able to write?
My soda or water, a quiet place and my computer. Wait that was more than one thing…

Ø Did you have any bad habits when you began writing? How did you correct those habits?
Yes, did I mention the word was….huge bad habit. Going back and reworking my phrases has helped me.


No comments:

Post a Comment